Public Information / Records
Public Information Act
The Public Information Act provides the public the right to request access to city records either for public inspection or to obtain copies (fee applies).
Governmental Body's Responsibilities
A municipality must make a good faith effort to provide access or copies of requested city records in a "prompt" manner. The Act states "promptly means that a governmental body may take a reasonable amount of time to produce the information, but may not delay."
A governmental body is not required to create new information, do legal research or answer questions. A governmental body is only required to provide access or copies of city records that are already in existence.
Public Information Request
To obtain documents, a written request must be submitted by mail, fax, email or in person that includes enough information and detail about the information requested to enable the governmental body to accurately identify and locate the items requested.
- Automated system - see below to submit your request; or
- Mail requests - addressed to the City Secretary and mailed to P.O. Box 820609, North Richland Hills, TX 76182-0609; or
- Faxed requests - shall be sent to 817-427-6016, ATTN: City Secretary; or
- requests not faxed to the number above will be considered an invalid request
- Email requests - shall be sent to City Secretary
- requests not emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org will be considered an invalid request
Building Permit Records
The city receives the same request each month for permits issued in certain months. A monthly report will be generated on the first day of the month for permits issued for the previous month. See below for the monthly reports.
July 2018 | August 2018 | September 2018 | October 2018 | November 2018 | December 2018