After years of planning, the new NRH Centre is now open. Centrally located adjacent to the North Richland Hills Public Library at 6000 Hawk Ave., the new 86,000-square-foot facility offers something for everyone with a focus on health and wellness. Amenities include:
- Expansive Fitness Center – equipped with state-of-the-art fitness equipment and cardio area with free weights and the latest in fitness technology.
- Indoor Aquatics - includes a water slide, lap lanes, rock climbing wall and resistance channel.
- Suspended Walking Track – one of the longest indoor walking tracks in Texas.
- Double Gymnasium – a glass enclosed double gymnasium for athletic leagues, drop in basketball and other activities.
- Kids Club – a space designed for young children while mom and dad work out.
- Grand Hall – an intimate, upscale banquet center that can accommodate up to 300 guests, plus a unique second floor terrace that will make any occasion special.
- NRH Senior Center – a separate center for those at retirement age or better.
- Other Amenities – classrooms, fitness rooms, personal trainers, family changing rooms, locker rooms, birthday party rooms, etc.
- Outdoor Civic Plaza – connecting the NRH Public Library and the NRH Centre, the plaza can host events for up to 1,000 people.
The NRH Centre incorporates sustainable design that will enable the facility to be LEED certified. LEED certification recognizes that a building is environmentally friendly by utilizing green building practices during construction. For more information about the new NRH Centre, stop by the facility at 6000 Hawk Ave., visit www.nrhcentre.com or call 817-427-6600.