The Fire Prevention Division strives to provide a fire-safe environment by reducing the frequency, probability and severity of fires along with the consequences of death, injury and property damage. This is accomplished through fire safety education classes, fire safety inspections, fire investigations and by encouraging our customers to be more aware of fire safety in the home, at school and in the workplace.
- Increase code compliance and awareness through guidance and fire code analysis on all new and proposed developments
- Provide fire and life safety education training for the North Richland Hills community through the school district, businesses, Juvenile Firesetter Program and citizen groups
- Provide timely fire origin and cause investigations and arson case development as needed
- Reduce false fire alarm calls and failure to respond by owner through investigations as to cause and educating property owners
- Reduce fire probability and loss through inspections and code enforcement
View the adopted fire code
For additional information regarding fire prevention, fire safety or fire inspections, please contact the Fire Marshals office at 817-427-6900.