Click to Home
Go To Search
Food Handler Card
Food Handler Cards & Classes
Stephanie East

4301 City Point Drive
North Richland Hills, TX  76180

Ph: 817-427-6650

Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Food Handler Cards are required for all persons who handle food, utensils or food service equipment. All food staff members are required by law to obtain this permit within 30 days of employment in a food service facility. Employees, business owners and business operators are subject to citation if staff members are not trained. The cost is $21.00 or $8.00 for those 62 and older.  NRH food handler cards are valid for 3 years through the State of Texas, DSHS License #89.

The following options are available for obtaining Food Handler Cards:

Licensing of Food Handler Training Programs
*NEW*  ANSI-Accredited Food Handler/Food Managers

Senate Bill (SB) 582 of the 84th legislature (2015) amends the Health and Safety Code to establish that a food service worker trained in a food handler training course accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) is considered to have met a local health jurisdiction's training, testing, and permitting or registration fee requirements and has reciprocity throughout the State of Texas. This certification must be kept on site at the food handler or food manager's place of business.

Online Food Handler Class  
Please click here to take our food handler class online.

In Person Food Handler Class
Classes are offered each month by the Neighborhood Services Department. 
Class Schedule     
On-Site Food Handler Classes
Businesses requesting an on-site food handler class must have at least 15 employees needing certification. To schedule a class, please call 817-427-6650.
On-site food handler class form
Certified Food Manager
Every food establishment is required by law to have at least one person in charge that is responsible for supervising food preparation and services and has a valid Certified Food Manager certification approved by the Texas Department of State Health Services.

Alcoholic Beverages
There are additional requirements for facilities that serve alcoholic beverages.