Community Cleanup Event
Chunk your junk! To make it easy for North Richland Hills residents to get rid of unwanted bulky items, the City of North Richland Hills holds a community cleanup event each fall where residents can drop off unwanted bulky items. Paper shredding is also available at cleanup events.
2022 Fall Community Cleanup
The date for the 2022 Fall Community Cleanup will be announced this summer.
Please check back.
LOCATION: The Hills Church*, 6300 NE Loop 820
- This event will take place in the west parking lots of The Hills Church.
- From Rufe Snow Drive go west on Meadow Lakes Drive and then turn right into The Hills Church parking lot at the designated event entrances. There will be no entry from other driveways or parking lots at the church.
- Proof of NRH residency (driver's license or water bill) must be presented.
- Drop-off will cease when the trucks are full, so please arrive early.
- *This event is coordinated by the city's Code Compliance Division and is not affiliated with or endorsed by The Hills Church. Event questions should be directed to Code Compliance at 817-427-6663 during regular business hours.
Magic Shred will be onsite to provide free paper shredding for North Richland Hills residents on a first-come, first-served basis. Residents are limited to five average-size file boxes of paper to be securely shredded on-site and then recycled. To support social distancing, please stay in your vehicle. Boxes of shredding should be placed in the trunk of the vehicle for NRH staff to remove. This service will be available from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. or until the truck is full. The shred truck is often filled by 11 a.m. so please arrive early.
Republic Waste will be onsite to accept bulky items for disposal including:
- Brush and limbs
- Old furniture
- Old appliances such as stoves, washers, dyers, and dishwashers
- Other bulky items
- Fire Extinguishers
- Non-hazardous household products
Items accepted by Republic Waste will be taken to the landfill.
Items NOT Accepted
- Household Hazardous Waste (paints, thinners, acids, solvents, car batteries, pesticides, motor oil, anti-freeze, etc.)
- Trailers filled with loose bricks, rocks, or concrete.
- Donations of household items and electronics – Residents are encouraged to donate items local to charities such as Goodwill, Second Glance, Grace Donation Center, Salvation Army, etc.
Other Disposal Options
For residents unable to participate in the cleanup event, each North Richland Hills household can make one free trip to the landfill each month. A voucher must be presented to the landfill attendant along with your driver's license. The voucher and more information can be obtained online at www.nrhtx.com/landfill or at the Water Department at City Hall, 4301 City Point Drive.
Many bulky items can also be placed out for collection by Republic Waste on your normal trash days. For more information, please see our Acceptable Garbage page.
If you have any questions, please contact the North Richland Hills Code Compliance Office at 817-427-6663 during normal business hours.