Application to Place Name on the City of North Richland Hills General Election Ballot. The loyalty oath is included on this form and must be notarized. The first day of filing is January 16, 2019. Applications must be filed in the City Secretary’s office no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 15, 2019. Please note that the application has a section for your email address. Your email is optional, but keep in mind that candidate applications are made available to the public and will be uploaded to the City’s website.
Filing Fee or Petition for a Place on the City General Election Ballot. Article V, Section 5 of the City Charter requires that the candidate’s application must be accompanied by a filing fee of $150 or by a petition containing the valid signatures of at least 150 registered voters in the City of North Richland Hills.
Appointment of Campaign Treasurer by a Candidate (Form CTA) and the Instruction Guide. The CTA Form is to be filed with the City Secretary's Office. Please note that in accordance with Texas Law, you must designate a Campaign Treasurer before any funds can be expended or campaign contributions accepted (this includes your filing fee). You may name yourself as Treasurer.
- There is an option for modified reporting on the back of the form. Candidates who do not intend to accept more than $500 in political contributions or expend more than $500 in political expenditures (excluding filing fees) may elect to report under the modified reporting schedule.
- Candidates reporting under the modified schedule are not required to file pre-election reports (due 30 days and 8 days before an election) or runoff reports.
- The selection of modified reporting still requires you to file semiannual reports (July 15 and January 15). If you select modified reporting you need to file after the election a Candidate/Officeholder Campaign Finance Report – Designation of Final Report to be relieved of reporting obligations.
Amendment: Appointment of Campaign Treasurer by Candidate (Form ACTA) and the Instruction Guide. Use this form to change information previously reported on Form CTA and for renewing your choice to report under the modified schedule.
Code of Fair Campaign Practices and Chapter 258, Election Code, Fair Campaign Practices Act from the Texas Ethics Commission. Your subscription to this Code is voluntary. If you elect to subscribe to the Code form, it should be filed with the City Secretary's Office. Please note that a candidate that has filed a copy of this form may indicate such on political advertising in a form determined by the Ethics Commission. Additional resources prepared by the Texas Ethics Commission that you might find useful includes:
- Campaign Finance Guide for Candidates and Officeholders who file with local filing authorities;
- Guide to a Local Filing Authority’s Duties under the Campaign Finance Law;
- Political Advertising What You Need to Know;
- Political Fundraisers What You Need to Know; and
- 2019 Filing Dates
Candidate/Officeholder Campaign Finance Report-Form C/OH and the Instruction Guide. This report shall be filed in the City Secretary’s office on the dates specified on the list of important dates. The instruction guide provides detailed explanations how to complete the campaign finance report and deadlines for filing pre-election reports. If you still have questions after reviewing the guide, please contact the Texas Ethics Commission, as they are responsible for interpreting Campaign Finance Law (Title 15) at 512.463.5800 or visiting their website (www.ethics.state.tx.us).
- A candidate may file a modified reporting statement declaration if he/she does not plan to expend or receive more than $500.00. This form is page two of the appointment of a campaign treasurer by a candidate. The declaration shall be filed no later than the 30th day before the election. A candidate filing the declaration is not required to file pre-election reports, unless the candidate exceeds $500.00.
Correction/Amendment Affidavit for Candidate/Officeholder-Form COR-C/OH. This form shall be completed when a candidate submits a corrected candidate/officeholder campaign finance report. (See instructions on back of form.)