2020 Bond Election
Public Notice: Bond Election Postponed to November 3
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and state and local emergency declarations put in place to help stop the spread of the disease, the North Richland Hills City Council voted to postpone the May 2, 2020 Special Election for street improvements. The election will move to the next uniform election date, occurring on November 3, 2020. Early voting for the election will be held October 13 - 30. Please visit Voting Information for more details.
Bond Election for NRH Streets
North Richland Hills voters will decide if the city should issue $49.875 million in bonds for street construction projects including Glenview Drive, Iron Horse Boulevard, Chapman Road, Bedford-Euless Road, Lariat Trail and others. If voters approve the proposition, it’s projected that property owners won’t see a tax rate increase to pay for the bonds as the city continues to pay down its debt.
A group of 35 North Richland Hills citizens serving on the 2020 Capital Program Advisory Committee evaluated the city’s infrastructure needs and recommended the City Council call the bond election for street improvements. The last time North Richland Hills held a bond election for street improvements was in 2003.
If approved by voters, plans are for 27 streets to be reconstructed including all or parts of: Bedford-Euless Road, Glenview Drive, Iron Horse Boulevard, Lariat Trail, Main Street, Windhaven Road, Harmonson Road, North Richland Boulevard, Chapman Road, Noreast Drive, Ruth Road, North Hills Drive, Meadow Oak Drive, Diamond Loch West, Pearl Street, Southampton Drive, Stonybrooke Drive, Dawn Drive, Nob Hill Drive, Kirk Lane, Wood View Drive, South Crest Drive, Sierra Drive, Crystal Lane, Daniel Drive, Lake Side Circle, and Post Oak Drive. A map of these streets is shown below. Combined these streets total 24.7 lane miles, carrying more than 73,000 cars per day.
The 2020 Capital Program Advisory Committee considered several factors when prioritizing and recommending street projects including existing pavement conditions, traffic volumes, maintenance records, input from citizens surveys and estimated costs. While there are additional streets in need of reconstruction, the committee limited its recommendation to what the city can afford without increasing the property tax rate.
Proposed Project Limits
- Bedford-Euless Road
- Glenview Drive (Honey Lane to west city limit)
- Iron Horse Boulevard (2 segments: Browning Drive to Rufe Snow Drive; Rufe Snow Drive to York Street)
- Lariat Trail (2 segments: Meadow Lakes Drive to Riviera Drive; Circleview Drive to dead end)
- Main Street (Amundson Drive to Amundson Road)
- Windhaven Road (Starnes Road to Overton Park)
- Harmonson Road (Dawn Drive to drainage channel)
- North Richland Boulevard
- Chapman Road (Rufe Snow Drive to Brookshire Trail)
- Noreast Drive
- Ruth Road
- North Hills Drive
- Meadow Oak Drive
- Diamond Loch West (2 cul-de-sacs: from 3840 to 3900; from 3857 to 3901)
- Pearl Street (Freda Lane to alley)
- Southampton Drive
- Stonybrooke Drive (Stephanie Drive to Crestview Drive)
- Dawn Drive (Onyx Drive N to Glenview Drive)
- Nob Hill Drive (West of High Oaks to dead end)
- Kirk Lane (Northfield to Kirk Court)
- Wood View Drive
- South Crest Drive
- Sierra Drive
- Crystal Lane (Northeast Parkway to Kara Place)
- Daniel Drive
- Lake Side Circle
- Post Oak Drive (Briarwood Drive to Hightower Drive)