Solicitor Permit / Handbill Registration
- No person shall solicit within the public right of way of any street or highway.
- Solicitation and handbill distribution is permitted Monday – Saturday, from 9:00 a.m. until sunset or 8:00 p.m., whichever is earlier.
- Solicitation and handbill distribution is not allowed Sundays, any federally designated holiday or on any day where the Department of Homeland Security has declared an orange or red state of alert.
- Solicitors and handbill distributors may not solicit or leave handbills at premises when a sign has been posted near the main entrance of the premise containing the words "No Solicitors," "No Trespassing" or words of similar meaning.
- The North Richland Hills Zoning Ordinance prohibits any person selling from a parking lot.
- persons under eighteen years of age if engaged in fundraising activities for youth organizations;
- persons seeking solely to promote religious views;
- political candidates or parties or their supporters seeking to advocate particular points of view, issues or candidates;
- certain charitable purposes.
Approved Solicitor Permits
This page will be updated to include a listing of the active permits issued to companies. Each person operating under said business and approved by the city shall have on their person a city-issued photo ID permit from the city secretary's office.
Solicitor permits are valid for six months following the date of issuance.
*Permit No. 19S-019 (date issued 04/10/19)
Century 21 Judge Fite Co.
Zola Pest Control
Becker Roofing & Exteriors
Sign up to be notified when new permits are issued.
Each person distributing handbills must register with the city and have on their person a a city-issued identification permit from the city secretary's office. Handbill distributors are prohibited from knocking on doors. Handbills include any sample or device, printed or written material, circular, leaflet, pamphlet, paper, booklet, or any other printed or otherwise reproduced original or copies, picture or other representation of goods or merchandise or description of services except telephone books, newspapers, magazines and periodicals of general circulation. No handbill shall be nailed, tacked, stapled, glued or taped to any door or structure or attached in any other manner which could mar or leave adhesive residue.
The city encourages residents to call the Police Department to report solicitors and handbill distributors operating without a city-issued ID permit. If you have concerns or want to report suspicious persons / activity in your neighborhood call 9-1-1 or the Police Department non-emergency line at 817-281-1000. If you have other questions about permits, please contact the city secretary at 817-427-6060.
Commercial handbill registration
Commercial Handbill Registration
Individuals distributing commercial handbills in the City of North Richland Hills are required to register with the City Secretary’s Office and pay a registration fee. The registration fee is $10.00 per individual for 30 days. Each person operating under said business and approved by the city shall have on their person a city-issued identification permit from the city secretary's office.
Each individual soliciting in the City of North Richland Hills is required to obtain a solicitors permit. Solicitor’s permits are issued by the City Secretary’s Office and are valid for six months. Each solicitor will be issued a photo ID badge that is required to be worn at all times while soliciting in North Richland Hills. The ID badges will clearly identify the solicitor and the organization represented.
- Applicant must submit a completed application and all required documents to the City Secretary’s Office, City Hall, Second Floor, 4301 City Point Drive.
- A background check is required of all solicitors.
- Permit fees are $100 for each solicitor.
- Current North Richland Hills Health permit required for the sale of edible merchandise.