The City of North Richland Hills Code of Ordinances Article VII regulates door-to-door solicitors and the distribution of handbills.
Solicitors are required to obtain a permit from the Police Department prior to going door to door. Each solicitor will be issued a photo ID badge that is required to be worn at all times while soliciting in North Richland Hills. The ID badges will clearly identify the solicitor and the organization represented.
A permit is NOT required for:
- persons under eighteen years of age if engaged in fundraising activities for youth organizations;
- persons seeking solely to promote religious views;
- political candidates or parties or their supporters seeking to advocate particular points of view, issues or candidates;
- certain charitable purposes;
- persons distributing handbills without knocking or intentionally making person-to-person contact.
Restrictions on Hours / Locations
- No person shall solicit within the public right of way of any street or highway.
- Solicitation and handbill distribution are permitted Monday – Saturday, from 9:00 a.m. until sunset or 8:00 p.m., whichever is earlier.
- Solicitation and handbill distribution are not allowed on Sundays, any federally designated holiday or any day where the Department of Homeland Security has declared an orange or red state of alert.
- Solicitors and handbill distributors may not solicit or leave handbills at premises when a sign has been posted near the main entrance of the premises containing the words "No Solicitors," "No Trespassing" or words of similar meaning.
- The North Richland Hills Zoning Ordinance prohibits any person selling from a parking lot.
- No handbill shall be nailed, tacked, stapled, glued, or taped to any door or structure or attached in any other manner which could mar or leave adhesive residue.
The city encourages residents to call the Police Department to report solicitors operating without a city-issued ID permit. If you have concerns or want to report suspicious persons / activity in your neighborhood, call 9-1-1 or the Police Department non-emergency line at 817-281-1000. If you have other questions about solicitor permits, please contact the Police Department at 817-427-7000.
Approved Solicitor Permits
The following businesses have current solicitor permits. Each person operating under said business shall have on their person their city-issued photo ID solicitor permit. Solicitor permits are valid for six months following the date of issuance.
Sign up to be notified by e-mail when new permits are issued.
JWC General Contractors
Permit No. SOLP-000064-2022 (Expires 01/07/2023)
Permit No. SOLP-000066-2022 (Expires 01/07/2023)
Permit No. SOLP-000065-2022 (Expires 01/13/2023)
Permit No. SOLP-000067-2022 (Expires 01/07/2023)
Permit No. SOLP-000069-2022 (Expires 02/24/2023)
Permit No. SOLP-000070-2022 (Expires 02/04/2023)
Permit No. SOLP-000075-2022 (Expires 05/01/2023)
Power Home Remodeling
Permit No. SOLP-000071-2022 (Expires 02/22/2023)
Permit No. SOLP-000072-2022 (Expires 02/25/2023)
NRH Curb Company
Permit No. SOLP-000068-2022 (Expires 01/13/2023)
American Eagle Builders Inc.
Permit No. SOLP-000078-2022 (Expires 05/01/2023)
Permit No. SOLP-000079-2022 (Expires 05/01/2023)
Fox Pest Control
Permit No. SOLP-000061-2022 (Expires 12/29/2022)
Permit No. SOLP-000062-2022 (Expires 01/01/2023)
Permit No. SOLP-000063-2022 (Expires 01/01/2023)
Permit No. SOLP-000074-2022 (Expires 03/02/2023)
Permit No. SOLP-000080-2022 (Expires 05/26/2023)
Permit No. SOLP-000081-2022 (Expires 05/18/2023)
Permit No. SOLP-000082-2022 (Expires 06/09/2023)
Conservation Contacts of Texas
Permit No. SOLP-000083-2022 (Expires 06/15/2023)
Permit No. SOLP-000086-2022 (Expires 06/28/2023)
Each individual soliciting in the City of North Richland Hills is required to obtain a solicitors permit. Solicitors permits are issued by the Police Department and are valid for six months.
1. Applicant must submit an application and all required documents using our online portal or at the Police Department, 4301 City Point Drive, Public Safety entrance, second floor.
2. A background check is required of all solicitors.
3. Permit fees are $100 for each solicitor.
4. Current North Richland Hills Health permit required for the sale of edible merchandise.
Online Portal How-to Videos
For more information on obtaining a solicitor permit, please contact the Police Department at 817-427-7000. We are located at 4301 City Point Drive. Enter through the Public Safety door and proceed to the second floor.