Community Emergency Response Team
CERT members may serve in a variety of roles during a disaster including:
- search and rescue;
- fire suppression;
- damage assessment;
- lost child search;
- public education;
- medical triage and treatment;
- debris clearance;
- scene security;
- donations management;
- emergency operations center assistance.
Registration is now open for NRHCERT Class 18.
CERT Class 18 Schedule
- Tuesday 8/28/18 Introduction and CERT Organization
- Tuesday 9/4/18 Incident Command System
- Tuesday 9/11/18 Disaster Preparedness/ 72-hour kit
- Tuesday 9/18/18 Fire Safety and Utility Control
- Saturday 9/22/18 CPR Training and Refresher
- Tuesday 9/25/18 Hazardous Material
- Tuesday 10/2/18 Light Search and Rescue
- Saturday 10/6/18 Field Exercise
- Tuesday 10/9/18 Disaster Medical Operations I
- Tuesday 10/16/18 Disaster Medical Operations II
- Tuesday 10/23/18 Disaster Psychology
- Tuesday 10/30/18 Terrorism and CERT
- Tuesday 11/6/18 Graduation
All weekday classes meet from 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM.
All Saturday classes meet from 9:00 AM to noon.
Classes meet at NRH Fire and Police Training Center in the Fire Training Classroom (7202 Dick Fisher Drive North, NRH TX 76180).
Classes and schedule subject to change as necessary.
All students with a smartphone should download the free GroupMe application.CERT is open to NRH residents or those who work in NRH. Due to the potential of being in secure areas or around sensitive information the application for the class will require a background check. Space is limited. If you are interested in becoming a CERT member, please complete our online application form.
For questions or more information, contact NRH Emergency Management Coordinator Billy Owens at 817-427-6935 or by email.