Awards & Honors
North Richland Hills employees are dedicated to providing the best service to our citizens. This dedication can be seen in the many regional, state and national awards and honors the city has received.
2019 Awards & Honors
Budget & Finance
- The city earned the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award and Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting from the Government Finance Officers Association.
- Staff earned the Achievement of Excellence in Procurement Award from the National Purchasing Institute.
- North Richland Hills’ Aa2 and AA+ credit ratings were reaffirmed by Moody’s and S&P, a reflection of the city’s sound financial management and strong economy.
- Staff earned a Certificate of Economic Excellence from the Texas Economic Development Council.
- The Fire Department earned a Class 1 rating from the Insurance Services Office, the highest rating a fire department can receive.
- The Human Resources Department was presented the Bronze Workplace Health Achievement Award from the American Heart Association for building a culture of health and wellness in the city’s workplace.
Keep NRH Beautiful
- Keep NRH Beautiful earned the Gold Star Affiliate Award from Keep Texas Beautiful.
- Keep NRH Beautiful earned the Sustained Excellence Award from the Governor’s Community Achievement Award Program.
- The Library earned the Award of Excellence in Library Services from the Texas Municipal Library Directors Association.
- Southlake Metroport Teen Court recognized the NRH Animal Adoption & Rescue Center as its “Worksite of the Year.”
Parks & Recreation
- NRH2O Family Water Park was awarded the Partners in Education Award from Birdville ISD.
- Stephanie Hee-Johnston won the Commitment to Excellence Award from the World Waterpark Association.
- NRH2O was honored with TripAdvisor’s Excellence Hall of Fame Award.
- The Parks & Recreation Department was awarded the Excellence in Programming Award from the Texas Parks & Recreation Society for the “Average Joe’s Basketball League.”
Planning & Development
- Staff earned a Certificate of Achievement for Planning Excellence from the Texas Chapter of the American Planning Association.
- Officer Andrew Bray was presented the Mothers Against Drunk Driving Hero Award.
- Sergeant Kendra Wilson was presented the Professionalism Award at Institute for Law Enforcement Administration School of Supervision.
- Public Safety PIO Carissa Katekaru was honored with the Leadership in Public Information Management Award from International Association of Chiefs of Police.
- North Richland Hills SWAT Negotiators placed 2nd in the nation in the Texas State University Crisis Negotiator Competition.
- Officers Alex James, John Hyde and Rodney McCrory ranked in the top 4 at several motorcycle competitions during the year.
Prior Awards & Honors