Awards & Honors
North Richland Hills employees are dedicated to providing the best service to our citizens. This dedication can be seen in the many regional, state and national awards and honors the city has received.
Recent Awards & Honors
Budget & Finance
- The city earned the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award and Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting from the Government Finance Officers Association.
- Staff earned the Achievement of Excellence in Procurement Award from the National Purchasing Institute. This is the 9th year the Purchasing Division has received the award.
- Staff earned a Certificate of Economic Excellence from the Texas Economic Development Council.
- North Richland Hills Fire-Rescue was awarded Best Practices Recognition Status from the Texas Fire Chiefs Association. To be considered for this award, the department must meet or exceed numerous standards in the areas of Administration and Organization, Emergency Medical Services, Fire Prevention, Risk Reduction, Community Outreach, Safety and Health, and Professional Standards and Conduct. Only 16 departments in the state have achieved this recognition.
- Fleet Services was ranked as one of North America’s Top 100 Fleet Departments. Criteria for the award includes use of technology, collaboration, service turnaround time, performance and accountability. North Richland Hills ranked 38 this year.
Keep NRH Beautiful
- The Keep NRH Beautiful Commission was certified as a Keep America Beautiful affiliate.
- Keep NRH Beautiful earned Keep Texas Beautiful’s Gold Star Affiliate and Sustained Excellence Awards.
- The Library earned the Achievement of Library Excellence Award from the Texas Municipal Library Directors Association. Only 52 of the 548 Texas public libraries were awarded this honor.
Parks & Recreation
- Dianne Spradling, Common Ground Community Garden Coordinator Volunteer and Park Board Member, was awarded the “Supreme Service” award through the DFW Parks and Recreation Directors Association for her tireless volunteer work managing the operations of the community garden. Dianne has volunteered more than 8400 hours to the garden and helped secure thousands of dollars in sponsorships for the garden.
- Adventure World Playground was named #7 on a list of the 12 Coolest Destination Playgrounds in Texas.
- Richland Tennis Center Manager, David Webb was recognized with a United States Professional Tennis Association “Star Award”.
- NRH2O Family Water Park was recognized as one of the 10 Best Amusement Parks and Water Parks in Texas by the research firm HomeSnacks
Planning & Development
- Staff earned a Certificate of Achievement for Planning Excellence from the Texas Chapter of the American Planning Association.
- Officer Chris Morgan was recognized as the State of Texas Crisis Intervention Team Mental Health Officer of the Year.
- NRH Public Works employees Justin Dean, Bennie Frazier, Chris Legg, Chris Dunlop and Robert Burgess were recognized as the best in the nation in wastewater operations. They earned first place for their knowledge and skills in 5 areas including Wastewater Collection; Wastewater Laboratory; Pump Maintenance; Regulatory and Process Control; and Safety and Confined Spaces.
Prior Awards & Honors