Streets & Traffic
2020 Bond Election
On November 3, 2020, North Richland Hills voters will decide if the city should issue $49.875 million in bonds for street construction projects including Glenview Drive, Iron Horse Boulevard, Chapman Road, Bedford-Euless Road, Lariat Trail and others. View the 2020 Bond Election page for more information.
Streets & Traffic Division Responsibilities
The Public Works Department Streets & Traffic Division is responsible for the maintenance of more than 543 lane miles of city streets, as well as traffic control signals, street signs and pavement markings. We strive to maintain an efficient and effective transportation system by extending the life of the pavement on all of our city streets, updating and optimizing traffic signal timing plans, maintaining street signs and replacing pavement markings.
- For information on major street construction and widening projects in North Richland Hills, please view our current Capital Projects.
- For information on street maintenance projects, including asphalt overlays, please view our current Preventive Street Maintenance Program.
- To report a pothole, damaged street sign or signal light malfunction, please call the Public Works Streets Division at 817-427-6460 or use our online reporting form.
- For highway conditions, please visit the Texas Department of Transportation website.
- To request repairs on freeways and state highways, please contact the Texas Department of Transportation district office at 817-370-6500.
- To report a street light that is out, please contact Oncor at 888-313-4747 or use their online reporting tool.