- Boards & Commissions
- Planning & Zoning Commission
Planning & Zoning Commission
- 7:00 p.m.
- First and third Thursday of each month
- City Hall , 4301 City Point Drive
Written comments regarding an agenda item may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and address along with your comments.
Agendas, Minutes & Video
View agendas, minutes and meeting videos.
Agendas are posted at least 72 hours prior to the meeting, as required by state law. Minutes are posted after they have been formally approved by the commission. Regular meetings are streamed live and are archived to watch on-demand at your convenience.
|Justin Welborn, Chair||Place 1||June 30, 2023|
|Jay Riscky||Place 2||June 30, 2024|
|Don Bowen||Place 3||June 30, 2023|
|Greg Stamps||Place 4||June 30, 2024|
|Kathy Luppy||Place 5||June 30, 2023|
|Anthony Bridges||Place 6||June 30, 2024|
|Nyja Roby||Place 7||June 30, 2023|
|Jared Ross||Ex-Officio||June 30, 2024|
Board members are nominated by the City Council. The mayor is responsible for the nomination of the Ex-Officio. Nominations are subject to approval by a majority of the City Council. Members must own property within the city.
Board members serve two-year terms.
Powers & Duties
The Planning and Zoning Commission shall:
- Exercise control over all platting or subdividing of land within the corporate limits of the city and outside said corporate limits to the extent authorized by law.
- Make specific recommendations to the City Council whether a plat be approved or denied.
- Recommend a city Master Plan for the physical development of the city.
- Recommend to the City Council approval or disapproval of proposed changes in the zoning ordinance text or map.
- The commission shall be responsible to and act as an advisory body to the City Council and shall have and perform such additional duties as may be prescribed by ordinance.
The Planning and Zoning Commission is the busiest of the boards and commissions of the city. It holds the initial hearing on each application for rezoning and makes a recommendation to the City Council concerning each zoning or rezoning application it hears. The commission must comply with the procedural rules of Texas statutes and the city zoning ordinance. In case of conflict, the statute as interpreted by the courts, prevails. The commission is further charged with constant study of the best and most orderly land use within the city. The commission is not charged with policing the city to ensure compliance.
This commission is the original forum in all platting and replatting cases.
The Planning and Zoning Commission also acts as the Capital Improvement Advisory Committee.
For questions or more information about this board contact Director Clayton Comstock at 817-427-6300.
All correspondence for the Planning & Zoning Commission shall be sent to:
Planning & Zoning Commission
c/o City of North Richland Hills
P.O. Box 820609
North Richland Hills, Texas 76182-0609