Public & Semi-Public Aquatic Facilities
2020 Preseason Aquatic Facilities Safety Class
At least one person from each facility is required to attend the annual preseason aquatic facilities safety class. In 2020, the class will be offered online only in the effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Click here to go to the 2020 preseason aquatic facilities safety class.
The City of North Richland Hills inspects all apartments, hotel, motel, health club, and other public and semi-public pools and spas to ensure compliance with the swimming pool codes.
- Online Code of Ordinances,
- State Standards for Public Swimming Pools & Spas
- State Standards for Public Interactive Water Features
- Model Aquatic Health Code
Certified Pool Operator
Every facility in North Richland Hills with a permitted aquatic facility must have a registered Certified Pool Operator (CPO) on staff. Please see the links below for information on how to register CPO certification and for a schedule of CPO courses.
Swimming Pool Plan Review
When a public or semi-public aquatic facility is constructed, plans and specifications must be submitted to the city's Building Inspections Division for review and approval by both a health inspector and building inspector. All permitted aquatic facilities must meet the requirements of the Texas Department of State Health Services "Standards for Public Swimming Pools and Spas", "Standards for Public Interactive Water Features", and all applicable City ordinances and Building Codes.
- Swimming Pool Permit Application
- Plan Review Checklist
- EXAMPLE Engineer Letter
- Aquatic Facility Signage Requirements
- Calculating Maximum Number of Users
Resources for Operators
- 2020 Opening Checklist
- Annual Electrical Inspection Form
- Daily Record Log Chlorine
- Daily Record Log Bromine
- Cyanuric Acid FAQ Sheet
- Temporary Closure of Aquatic Facilities
- Hyperchlorination to Kill Cryptosporidium When Stabilizer Is In Water
- Hyperchlorination to Kill Cryptosporidium When Stabilizer NOT In Water
- Fecal Incident Response Recommendations
- Water Safety 365 Drowning Prevention
- Maintain Your Pool/Spa During COVID-19