Christmas Tree Recycling
The City of North Richland Hills and Republic Services are offering a Christmas tree recycling program for residents starting Dec. 26.
Bare Christmas trees can be dropped off Dec. 26 through Jan. 3 at Green Valley Park at 7701 Smithfield Road or at the parking lot on the north side of the BISD Plaza located at 6351 Boulevard 26. Please place trees in the marked dumpsters. In order for trees to be recycled they should be free of tinsel, ornaments, bags, plastic and stands.
Mulch from the recycled trees will be available for residents to pick up at the two drop-off locations Jan. 5 - 9, while supplies last. Please bring your own container and shovel to load the mulch.
If you’re unable to take your tree to one of the drop off locations, you can put it on the curb on one of your regular trash collection days; however it will go to the landfill and will not be turned into mulch. Trees larger than 5 feet should be cut in half before placing them on the curb.
If you have questions, please contact Neighborhood Services at 817-427-6650.
Other Holiday Recycling TipsAmericans throw away more trash during the holiday season than any other time of year. The good news is much of it can be recycled.
- All types of cardboard boxes should be flattened and placed in your recycle cart. Cut larger boxes into smaller pieces so they fit loosely inside the cart. Carts that are over stuffed may not empty completely. Boxes left next to recycle carts will be collected with trash and wont be recycled.
- Most wrapping paper and tissue paper is recyclable and can be placed in your curbside recycling cart as long as it doesn’t have ribbons, bows or other decorations attached.
- Wrapping paper and tissue paper that includes foil or glitter cannot be recycled.
- Greeting cards and envelopes are also recyclable, as long as they are not musical and do not contain foil or glitter or have other decorations attached.
- Christmas lights and decorations that are broken should be placed in the regular garbage.
- Artificial Christmas trees and wreaths are not recyclable.