'Round the Town with Oscar Bike Rides & Walks
’Round the Town with Oscar Virtual Bike Ride August 1-15!
Mayor Trevino had so much fun seeing everyone participate in the ’Round the Town with Oscar Mayor’s Virtual Bike Ride last month that we are gonna roll again from August 1-15!
It is easy to participate:
1. Select a suggested route from one of five listed Mayor’s Bike Ride routes: Richfield Park Bike Route, Green Valley Park Bike Route, Cross Timbers Bike Route, Northfield Park Bike Route and NRH City Hall Bike Route.
2. Each route will include two or three Selfie Picture Points.
3. You can start your personal ride from your home, or begin at the specified site and incorporate the mapped routes to find the Selfie Picture Points along that route.
4. Say cheese at the three listed "Selfie Picture Points" for your selected ride. Selfie Points on Each Route: https://bit.ly/2MlqkU4
5. Submit all “Selfie Picture Point” photos from one of the routes listed here in the Facebook Event or email firstname.lastname@example.org by August 15.
6. You will then be entered into the Virtual Ride drawing for some Parks and Recreation SWAG! Winners will be notified by August 18.
7. Bonus Picture Point! Be on the lookout for Mayor Oscar Trevino riding on the trails. Take a social distance selfie with the Mayor AND complete your three route selfie picture points and you are an automatic Virtual Ride Week winner!
8. Always remember: wear a helmet, bring water, observe all trail and road safety rules and share the trails safely with all. NRH Trail Rules and Etiquette: https://bit.ly/2XRKURe.
Good Luck and enjoy our ’Round the Town Virtual Ride Week!
The Five Routes to Choose From:
Richfield Park Bike Route: https://bit.ly/3codkY7
Green Valley Park Bike Route: https://bit.ly/3djWX05
Cross Timbers Park Bike Route: https://bit.ly/36Re32V
Northfield Park Bike Route: https://bit.ly/3gKW1E0
NRH City Hall Bike Route: https://bit.ly/3crJLF1
’Round the Town with Oscar bicycle rides and walks provide a great opportunity for you to get outdoors, visit with Mayor Oscar Trevino and other city leaders, meet new people and be active in North Richland Hills!
Mayor’s Bike Rides
Rides range from around 9 to nearly 13 miles in length. The route varies withe each ride and includes portions of the city’s trail system and our city streets. Be sure and bring your helmet along for safety. They are required on the monthly bike rides. These family friendly rides are open to all ages.
Thank you to our sponsors:
Join us for the Mayor’s 5K Run & Walk each spring and other walks during the year that are between 1 and 2 miles. The route varies with each walk and includes portions of our trails and beautiful North Richland Hills neighborhoods. The family friendly walks are open to all ages.
|Canceled - March 14||Saturday||Mayor's 5K Run & Walk||9:00 a.m.||NRH2O Family Water Park
9001 Boulevard 26
|Canceled - March 24||Tuesday||Bike Ride||6:00 p.m.||NRH2O Family Water Park
9001 Boulevard 26
|Canceled - May 5||Tuesday||Bike Ride||6:00 p.m.||Green Valley Park
7701 Smithfield Road
|Canceled - May 7||Thursday||Walk||6:00 p.m.||Northfield Park
7804 Davis Blvd
|Canceled - June 9||Virtual June
8-14 see above
|Bike Ride||6:30 p.m.||Cross Timbers Park
7680 Douglas Ln
|Canceled - June 30||Tuesday||Bike Ride||5:03 p.m. train departure
6:00 p.m. bike ride start time
Smithfield TEXRail Station
Fort Worth Central Station
|Canceled - July 7||Tuesday||Bike Ride||6:30 p.m.||Cross Timbers Park
7680 Douglas Lane
|Canceled - August 4||Tuesday||Bike Ride||6:30 p.m.||NRH Centre
6000 Hawk Ave
|September 1||Tuesday||Bike Ride||6:00 p.m.||Richfield Park
7250 Chapman Road
|September 3||Thursday||Walk||6:00 p.m.||City Hall
4301 City Point Dr.
|October 8||Tuesday||Bike Ride||6:00 p.m.||Northfield Park
7804 Davis Blvd.
*June 30 is a joint NRH / Fort Worth Bike Ride. Participants will leave the Smithfield Station on the TEXRail train at 5:03 p.m. for the 6:00 p.m. ride start time at Fort Worth Central Station. TEXRail departure times leaving Central Station back to the Smithfield Station are 7:17 p.m., 7:47, 8:47 or 9:47. Some riders may want to have dinner in Fort Worth before turning to NRH. (Taco Diner on the Plaza will be a good option so that bikes can be parked outside on the patio.)
If you have any questions, please contact the NRH Parks & Recreation Department at 817-427-6620 or by email.