Neighborhood Initiative Program
About the Program
The Neighborhood Initiative Program (NIP) has been assisting the elderly, single parent and persons with disabilities with minor exterior home repairs since 2004. We later expanded the program to also include those who have bravely served our country, our veterans.
Projects may include home maintenance, repairs and yard work. This program helps residents continue living safely and comfortably in their own homes and also helps to make their neighborhoods a better place to live. This joint effort between the City of North Richland Hills, businesses, non-profits and churches, is helping homeowners who are struggling to make necessary exterior home repairs.
Read about one of our projects completed by volunteers from the American Legion and the NRH Fire Department.
Volunteers are needed year round to make repairs to homes within North Richland Hills that qualify for the Neighborhood Initiative Program. Opportunities are available for volunteers of all ages and skill levels.
Each fall the City holds its annual Fix-It Blitz event, where hundreds of volunteers throughout the area come together to work on homes throughout the city.
To volunteer for the fall Fix It Blitz, projects year round, or both please fill out the volunteer registration form.
Donations are very important to the work of the Neighborhood Initiative Program as we support those who are economically challenged. Donations are used to purchase building materials, tools, supplies and equipment needed to complete home maintenance projects. We have several sponsor opportunities for those wishing to support this worthwhile cause while gaining exposure for a business or organization. There are 3 convenient options for making your donation:
- Donate Online - Visa, MasterCard and Discover are accepted. When you donate online you will be asked to set up an account with us, or to sign in if you already have an account.
- Mail a Check to City of North Richland Hills, P. O. Box 820609, NRH, TX 76182 with NIP in the memo.
- In-kind Giving offers businesses the opportunity to donate materials or services.
2020 and 2021 Volunteers
- North Park Baptist Church
- Fort Worth Christian School
- Gateway NRH
- North Richland Hills Baptist Church
- City of NRH Employees
- Many residents from NRH and surrounding communities
- Walmart, North Tarrant Parkway
- Cable Electric
- Marvin Smith
- American Legion Post 655
- Bison Coolers
- Christopher Gilbert
- Neighborhood Pet Health
- Smith Lawn and Tree
- Buyer's Barricades