The City of North Richland Hills requires that all dogs and cats four months of age and older wear a current city license tag. Licensing is an important means of identification and can help you reunite with your pet if it becomes lost. It also provides us with the pet's rabies vaccination status in the event that the pet is involved in a bite. License tags are valid for one year.
- Altered pet - $10 annually
- Altered pet belonging to senior citizen (65+) - $0
- Unaltered pet - $32 annually
- Replacement tag - $6
- Late Fee (30 days or more) - $20
- Online - Below you will be asked to create you and your pets user profile and provide the date of your pet's last rabies vaccination, the rabies tag number, and the name and phone number of their veterinary clinic. You will also have the ability to upload your pets rabies vaccination certificate in either a pdf document or picture of the certificate. Visa and MasterCard are accepted.
- By Mail - Print a pet license application form and mail the completed form with a check to NRH Animal Adoption & Rescue Center, 7301 Iron Horse Boulevard, North Richland Hills, TX 76180
- In Person - Cash, check and credit cards are accepted in person at the Animal Adoption & Rescue Center.
Application for Senior Citizens
If you are a senior citizen (65+) and your pet has been spayed or neutered, the annual license fee is waived. To obtain your license tag(s), please print an application form and return the completed form by mail or in person to the Animal Adoption & Rescue Center. You will be asked to provide the date of your pet's last rabies vaccination, the rabies tag number, and the name and phone number of their veterinary clinic.
Benefits of a Pet License
If your pet is lost, their license tag can be his or her “phone call home.” Please make sure your pet always wears the license tag on his/her collar.
In the event your pet is impounded by the city for the first time, is current on its rabies vaccination and is wearing it’s current city license tag, he/she will be returned to you at a 50% reduction in the impoundment fees.
Pets wearing current license tags will be held in the Animal Adoption & Rescue Center for an additional 3 days beyond the required 4 days, while attempts are made to contact the owner.
Online License Portal
Animal Services has recently changed our license and software provider so if you have registered your pet in the past you will need to submit you and your pets information into our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience of re-entering your information.
*Seniors (65+), to receive the free annual license for your altered pet you will need to come to the Animal Adoption & Rescue Center or mail in your application; you will be unable to use the online license portal until after we enroll you in our new software system. We apologize for this inconvenience but it is important to us to ensure you are not charged for a discount you are entitled to. Please call (817) 427-6570 for questions.