Mayor Oscar Trevino, members of the City Council and other community volunteers will ring the bell for the Salvation Army's annual Red Kettle campaign on Saturday, December 15 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. The effort is part of the Salvation Army's 2018 Mayor Red Kettle Challenge to see which city can raise the most money. The cities we are competing with include: Arlington; Beford; Burleson; Dalworthington Gardens; Euless; Hurst; Kennedale; Mansfield; and Pantego.
The Red Kettle Challenge creates a fun rivalry between cities, but most importantly the money raised in North Richland Hills will help fund Salvation Army services in North Richland Hills. A successful Red Kettle season greatly increases the Salvation Army’s ability to meet the crisis needs of food, clothing and shelter in the community throughout the year. Your support also provides Christmas gifts and food to families who otherwise would not be able to afford it. "North Richland Hills has always been a community that gives back and helps those who are struggling," said Mayor Trevino. "I feel confident that with your support we can win this challenge."
Visit the Mayor's Online Kettle to donate today.
Mayor Trevino, City Council Members and other community volunteers will be ringing the Salvation Army red kettle bell and accepting donations on Saturday, December 15 at all North Richland Hills Kroger and Wal-Mart locations, the NRH Sam's Club, Hobby Lobby and Painted Tree Vintage Market. Mayor Trevino will also ring the bell for the Salvation Army at the Holiday Magic Christmas Tree Lighting and Family Festival on Friday, Dec. 7.
Donations are also being accepted now through December 13 at the following NRH business:
- Bosses Pizza, 5600 Rufe Snow Dr. #110
- Chapps Café, 9101 Boulevard 26 #161
- Five Star Ford, 6618 NE Loop 820
- Grandpa's Popcorn, 8528 Davis Blvd. #210
- Huggins Honda, 7551 NE Loop 820
- Iron Horse Golf Course, 6200 Skylark Circle
- Lighting Etc., 6040 Rufe Snow Dr.
- NRH Centre, 6000 Hawk Ave
- NRH Farmer's Market, 7700 Davis Blvd. Ste. B
- NRH Library, 9015 Grand Ave
- NRH Senior Center, 6000 Hawk Ave.
- Richland Tennis Center, 7111 NE Loop 820
- Starwood Cafe, 8517 Davis Blvd
- Sunny Street Café, 6021 Walker Blvd. #161