Water Leak Adjustments
The City of North Richland Hills allows for leak adjustments on water accounts that had significant water loss from burst pipes as a result of the winter storm. Proof of repair such as a plumber’s bill indicating the date and location of the leak must be submitted to the Water Department for consideration of a leak adjustment within 90 days of the repair being made. Customers can also request payment plans. If you have questions, please contact the Water Department at 817-427-6200 or email@example.com.
Sewer Rate Calculation
Normally, residential sewer charges are set on a Winter Quarter Average. The Winter Quarter Average is calculated each year based on your average water usage during the months of December, January February. Because many customers were dripping faucets to prevent freezing pipes or experienced burst pipes, the city has opted to leave the 2020 Winter Quarter Average in place for the next twelve months.
Find more resources and information on our Winter Storm Recovery page.
How to Turn Off Water at Your Meter
Many residents are seeing water pipes burst from the extreme cold weather. Here are steps to cut off the water at your home, if needed:
1. You will need a wrench, pliers or utility shut off tool.
2. Locate your meter box. This is normally close to the street in the front of your property, but could be in the rear of your property.
3. Open the box by removing the lid. Some boxes have more than one meter. Your meter will be the one located closest to your property.
4. Locate the valve on the meter within the box. You may need to remove snow or water from the box.
5. Place your tool or pliers on the valve. Turn the valve clockwise 90 degrees or until the valve can no longer be turned.
If you are unable to turn off the water and need assistance, please call us at one of these numbers:
- 817-427-6300 (during business hours)
- 817-427-6200 (during business hours)
To keep pipes from freezing and bursting, drip water from your faucets until temperatures rise above freezing.