Fossil Creek Mountain Bike Trails
- Mountain Bike Trails
- Multi-Purpose Trail
The Fossil Creek Park Mountain Bike Trails in North Richland Hills are developed mountain bike/hiking trails within Fossil Creek Park, located at 6101 Onyx Dr. S. The 58.5 acre park contains beautiful natural areas comprised of mature hardwood trees, a mixture of grasslands and riparian habitats, all of which are ideally suited to hiking and mountain biking.
The Mountain Bike Trails include approximately 5 miles of trails, a trailhead kiosk and a small parking lot. The trails are great for new beginner riders and for riders continuing their skill development. The project was implemented through a partnership with the Fort Worth Mountain Bikers Association (FWMBA) to develop and maintain the trails. The trails opened in April 2021.
Trail Map & Reminders
Each trail is a one-way, single track.
Our Yield Policy requires that hikers must yield to bicycles.
Dogs must be controlled and on a short leash at all times.
On this trail, you may experience:
- Natural Surfaces - dirt, mud, gravel, shifting rock, slippery surfaces, etc.
- Rocks, roots, and/or downed vegetation on trail.
- Water/stream crossings without bridges.
- Steep grades and inclines of more than 10%.
- Bridges and/or structural crossings.
- Physically challenging obstacles.
- Bluffs or drop-offs next to trail.
- Raised or protruding obstacles.
- Occasional water over trail.
- Low-hanging vegetation.
- Wood or stone steps.
- Narrow passages.
- Road crossing.
- Don’t hike, ride or run on muddy trails.
- Trail is open dawn til dusk.
- Observe direction arrows.
- Helmets are required.
- Carry enough water.
- Watch for snakes.
- Stay on trail.