Tipps Canine Hollow Dog Park
- Dog Park
- Drinking Fountains
- Picnic Tables
About the Park
Tipps Canine Hollow opened in 2006 and was named in honor of Don and Doris Tipps, retired educators and community volunteers. The off-leash dog park includes a 2-acre fenced-in area for large dogs and a 1-acre fenced-in area for small dogs. There are plenty of shady spaces and benches throughout the park, along with water fountains and plastic bag stations for picking up after your pet. A whimsical bronze sculpture of a dog and three children sits at the entrance to the park and evokes memories of simple childhood pleasures. The sculpture's artist is unknown. It originally stood at a mall and was donated to the city.
Weekly Maintenance Notice:
Tipps Canine Hollow is CLOSED on Wednesdays from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. for park maintenance. The park will open at 11 a.m. on Wednesdays. No public access or use of the park is available during this weekly maintenance.
Please read all information and notices:
- All users of the dog park must follow all rules and ordinances for NRH.
- Parking is only permitted in the designated parking spaces at the park. Do not park in the grass, on the sidewalk or in private business or residential property.
- Park Daily Hours are 7:00 a.m. - DUSK Daily. Park rules are posted including the hours of operation. The park opens daily at 7:00 a.m. and CLOSES at Dusk. There should be no activity at the dog park after dusk during any season. While we know our community loves this park, the posted times must be followed. If users are there after dusk this violates the park's posted rules and they are subject to suspension or removal from the dog park including possible citations and a fine. These operating hours are for maximizing the public's safe use of the park seven days a week.
- The Dog Park is CLOSED EVERY WEDNESDAY from 7:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. for weekly park maintenance.
- No smoking, alcoholic beverages, food, glass containers, or dog treats are allowed in the dog park.
- Children 14 and under must be accompanied by an adult when visiting the dog park.
- Taser devices are not allowed to be used in the dog park.
- The City of North Richland Hills Parks and Recreation Department asks all users to adhere to all of the Dog Park rules at every visit.
- Tipps Canine Hollow cannot be reserved, and there is no solicitation or private/personal business conducted or promoted at this park.
Be sure and become familiar with the updated Dog Park Rules and the Code of Ordinances:
DOG PARK RULES