Show All Answers
Solicitation is the act of traveling either by foot or vehicle going door to door to barter or communicate either orally or by printed materials. For additional information see Section 18-482 - Definitions.
Yes. Any person who engages in solicitation activities or distribution of commercial handbills must obtain a permit from the City of North Richland Hills. For additional information see Section 18-483.
To obtain a solicitors permit a completed application must be submitted to the City Secretary’s Office to include:
• Valid driver’s license.
• Successful background check.
• Two photographs measuring at least 1.5 inch x 1.5 inch for the application and the approved solicitors badge.
• $100.00 permit fee.
Submit applications to the City Secretary’s Office at 4301 City Point Drive, North Richland Hills, TX 76180 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information see Section 18-484.
To obtain a handbill permit a completed application must be submitted to the City Secretary’s Office to include:
• $10.00 permit fee per person distributing the commercial handbills.
• Copy of the literature being distributed.
Yes. Listed below are a few exceptions:
• Charitable solicitation.
• Persons seeking solely to promote religious views.
• Personal contact or fund raising by individuals, political candidates or parties or their supporters seeking to advocate particular points of view, issues or candidates.
• Activity approved in conjunction with a city sponsored event.
For additional information see Section 18-482.
A person cannot solicit:
• Before 9:00 am.
• After sunset as defined by the National Weather Service or 8:00 pm, whichever is earlier on a given day.
• On Sunday.
• On any federally designated holiday. (New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents’ Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day).
• On any day where the Department of Homeland Security has declared an orange or red state of alert.
For additional information see Section 18-493.
During business hours contact the City Secretary’s Office by e-mail email@example.com or by phone at (817) 427-6060. After business hours call the Police Department non-emergency line at 817-281-1000. Please provide the following information:
• Company name
• Representatives name (first and last name)
• Location of solicitation
• Description of violation such as no permit, not observing no solicitation sign, or not observing regulations on days/time.
If you have video, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the above information.